A few of the nutrition girls and I have done a monthly book club for a while now where once a month we get together at alternating houses and talk about the book we have decided to read for the month (non-nutrition related). That’s kind of a cover though, really, we get together to test out new recipes on each other and eat and drink. Regardless, I love the change of pace from sitting in class or clinic together. For this month, we read the Hunger Games and I made these Greek Quesadillas. They were very easy and would make a good lunch, snacky appetizer, or light dinner. Also feel free to vary the ingredients to fit your preferences.
(6) 10″ whole wheat tortillas
5 oz. feta cheese
7-8 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained (feel free to substitute for roasted red peppers)
12-14 black olives, sliced thinly
1/4 red onion, diced
5-6 oz fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. oregano, divided
red pepper flakes to taste
- Recipe makes 3 large tortillas , so place the first 10″ tortilla on a cutting board and sprinkle with desired amounts of each ingredient (feta, sundried tomatoes, black olives, red onion, spinach, oregano, red pepper flakes), keeping in mind that you will need to fill two more the same way.
- Coat pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Place loaded tortilla into pan, top with another empty 10″ tortilla. Cook until slightly browned on the bottom (a few minutes) and flip. Cook other side a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cook 2 other tortillas the same way.
- Use pizza cutter to slice each tortilla into wedges.
Here’s a quick look at the other things we ate..
Jalapeno Cheddar rolls, s’mores dip, blueberry crisp (not pictured), guacamole with Wegmans marathon bread and Russian beef dish.. yum!