I found these to be perfect with a side of corn on the cob. The smells of the dish really have me looking forward to warm summer nights! Looks like we’re in for it, as the next few days are supposed to be in the high 80’s. I swear this has been the strangest May I’ve ever experienced. We’ve had some 90 degree days and then some in the 40’s! Hopefully June will be a little more predictable. As always, look out for a lower sodium BBQ sauce that isn’t super high in sugar. The best compromise I’ve found at Wegmans is the Dinosaur brand.
BBQ Chicken & Grilled Pineapple Quesadillas- adapted from Closet Cooking
6 8-inch flour tortillas
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 cup 2% colby jack cheese
1/2 cup 2% sharp cheddar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp low-sodium barbeque sauce
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1/4 pineapple, thinly sliced (equal to about 1.5 cups)
- Rinse and trim chicken breasts. Cook in slow-cooker with 1/3 cup water for 7-8 hours on LOW setting.
- Preheat grill (I used my Cuisinart Griddler since it was a rainy day) to a medium setting. Once hot, grill sliced pineapple for a few minutes until you see grill marks. Set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred and mix with the bbq sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Place equal amounts of chicken mixture, jalapenos, pineapple, and both cheese’s on one half of each of the 6 tortillas. Fold over and grill on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 3 wedges. One serving is one tortilla, or 3 wedges.
Serving Size (per serving): 300 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated), 32g carbohydrate, 26g protein