Sometimes, the heart wants chicken fingers. I get it. As a child, it was always chicken fingers for me. Instead of running to the drive-thru for a deep fried, high fat version- take 15 minutes to make these. :)
Easy Peasy Chicken Fingers
Serves: 4 (3 chicken fingers each)
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. ground flax seed (or “flax meal”- same thing)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins, rinsed and trimmed of visible fat
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Barbeque sauce to drizzle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lay raw chicken out on cutting board and lightly salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat egg in medium sized bowl. Combine flax, panko and whole wheat breadcrumbs on a plate. Mix well. Spray medium sized cookie sheet with cooking spray. Line them up in a line in the above order.
- Carefully dip chicken fingers one at a time into egg, then flour mixture, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping chicken fingers over after about 15 minutes.
- Serve with 1-2 tbsp. drizzle of barbeque sauce if desired.
Suggested Side: baked sweet potato fries and a mixed greens salad.
Nutrition Facts (per serving- bbq sauce not included): 230 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 30g protein