What a delicious protein packed sandwich this was. I loved every bite. It is also a quick and easy recipe, it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish. You can use frozen fish too since it’s more convenient and you’ll be mixing it with a ton of flavor. I will say that this is one time that I feel like the fresh herbs were really key to the flavor. I wouldn’t recommend subbing dry herbs here. I hope you like this one, I’m really excited about it!
Lemon Tilapia & Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwich– adapted from Giada Di Laurentiis
Makes: 2 sandwiches
5 oz tilapia (feel free to sub for another white fish of your choice)
5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, rinsed & chopped
4 tbsp. Lemon flavored Greek Yogurt 0% fat (I used Oiko’s)
1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. fresh parsley , chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (for bread & fish)
Handful of mixed greens
3 oz. ciabatta bread
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until flaky. Remove from oven and allow fish to cool completely.
- In the meantime, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, greek yogurt, basil and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut ciabatta bread in half, lengthwise and scoop some of the bread out of the top half. Drizzle both cut sides with olive oil and bake in the 400 F oven for about 6 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Remove bread from oven and sprinkle bottom half with garlic powder.
- Once tilapia is cooled, mix into the sun-dried tomato/yogurt mixture.
- Scoop mixture onto the bottom of the bread and top with a handful of mixed greens and the top of your sandwich.
- Serve with a side salad of your choice