This recipe was inspired from my mom’s delicious brie dip that she makes at Christmas time:
Doesn’t it look so professional too?? So I thought why not take that idea to flavor a chicken dish. I hope it sounds appetizing to you!
Breaded Chicken with Brie & Caramelized Walnuts
Serves: 6 chicken breasts
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 oz brie cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tbsp. brown sugar
Salt and pepper
8 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim and rinse chicken breasts. Lightly season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Place wheat flour in shallow dish and panko breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture first, then egg, then panko. Place to the side.
- Heat 4 tbsp. olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook breaded chicken breasts 3-4 minutes per side until outside covering is lightly golden and crispy. Transfer chicken breasts to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Then flip chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat remaining 4 tbsp. olive oil and brown sugar in a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add walnuts and cook on low for about 5 minutes until walnuts are coated (note: you may have to drain off excess oil).
- Once chicken is cooked, add sliced brie evenly to the top of each chicken breast and broil 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Remove from oven and place an even amount of caramelized walnuts on top of each chicken breast.
- Serve with mixed greens salad of your choice.