I’m squeezing this recipe in after working an 11 hour day with children… so, you’re just getting the recipe! I hope it looks like something you may enjoy :)
Shrimp & Bulgur Risotto– slightly adapted from Self
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup bulgur wheat
salt to taste
12 ounces fresh or frozen (thawed) raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (I used 1/2 of a red pepper and 1/2 of a green pepper because that’s what I had on hand)
1 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Boil 2 cups of water in a small pot.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for 30 seconds; add bulgur and salt; stir 1 minute more.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups boiling water, 1/2 cup at a time (waiting until bulgur absorbs it to add more), until bulgur is slightly soupy, 8 to 10 minutes (You might not use all the water- I didn’t).
- Add shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until it turns pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add corn, bell pepper, juice from 1 lime and red pepper flakes; stir, adding 2-3 tbsp. water to keep mixture creamy.
- Cook, stirring, until corn and pepper are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.