With a long week approaching filled with tests and assignments, I was feeling like I needed a cookie to cut my sweet tooth cravings. I’m not sure where I got this original recipe from, but I changed a bunch of things from the original to make them a little healthier. The recipe makes about 2 dozen so feel free to share with friends or freeze the extras, I hope that you like them! I know I did :) I also just finished my meal plan list for this week and I have a bunch of fun new recipes coming so check back later this week if you’re interested!
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup apple butter (I used Trader Joe’s Honey Apple Butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg, oats, and apple butter.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Gradually add to wet ingredients, along with 2 tbsp. milk.
- Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle (This is important or else they will come out very flat).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes.